Soothing Hydrated Lips With Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

13:10 Handini Audita 4 Comments

Aloha!

Chappy dried lips is one of the most featured beauty problems. Hydrating the lips can be done by drinking lot's of water everyday (1.5 Litters per day minimum). However, sometimes in extreme situation, drinking water is not enough. You will need an extra treatment by treating your lips with a lip balm.

I know I am a bit late to love the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm since it has been released like ages ago. But, like what the old man says, "it's better late than never".. LOL



I bought the Maybelline Baby Lips one month ago (in the beginning of April 2013). The one that I bought is the Energizing Orange. I planned to publish a review about it on April (that's why it was featured on my April Sneak Peak post), but I decided to patiently wait for a couple of weeks to publish the review so I can better see the long term effect of this product.

Maybelline Baby Lips is sold for IDR.15.000 (around USD 1.5) in my nearest drugstore. This is a bargain price for me.  The product is packaged in a small plastic tube just like any other most brands of lip balm available in the market. I personally think the tube is very well designed and does not look cheap at all.


Maybelline Baby Lips contains a total of 4 grams of product. I personally think that it is a fair amount of product to be sold in a such affordable price. The Maybelline Baby Lips promises to help in improving dried lips for smooth, supple, and soft lips. It is enriched with Centella Essence which they said helps visibly transforms the lips into a rejuvenated feel lips in one week. The Maybelline Baby Lips promises to reduce the fine lines in lips, increase smoothness, and increase the suppleness of the lips.

When I first bought the Maybelline Baby Lips, I thought that the lip balm creates some kind of color stains when being applied since it is sold in a varied type with different colors of packaging. However, it turns out that the different color of packaging only resembles the fragrance of the lip balm. Don't get me wrong, this is actually a good thing for me so I can use this lip balm whatever lipstick color I am wearing.



I love the scent of fragrance this lip balm has. The citrus orange smell is so refreshing (P.S, I'm a big fan of oranges). I also like the texture of the Maybelline Baby Lips that is not sticky. It also does not give that unwanted glow that makes you look like wearing a glossy lip gloss. So it is great to wear in every situation whether you are wearing matte or glossy lipstick. One other thing about the Maybelline Baby Lips, it does not hydrate in just one stroke of application. So in my case, I have to apply two to three stokes of layers every time I am applying the Maybelline Baby Lips in my lips. It is also not too long lasting. So it needs a couple of reapplication through out the day.

I have to agree that the Maybelline Baby Lips is able to give that supple healthy lips. However, it does not give an instant effect. For my case, it takes almost more than one week to get my lips looks as promised. With lots of patients and routines of everyday wearing, the Maybelline Baby Lips is able to give me a much healthier lips.

What I Love About The Product (Pros):
(+) Affordable price
(+) Variety of fragrance available in the market
(+) Cute package design
(+) Able to give the expected supple healthy lips
(+) Love the smell of fragrance
(+) Does not give a glossy or oily effect

What I Dislike About The Product (Cons):
(-) Not long lasting. I have to reapply though out the day.
(-) No instant effect feeling.
(-) Application can be felt only after more than two strokes of application

Will I repurchase?
Yes..! I think the Maybelline Baby Lips is worth the price. I would love to try the other varieties available. It is also a great idea to stock up the other varieties to have fun with the smell so I don't get bored with just one particular smell.

4 comments:

  1. punya eikeh yg ini ketinggalan di venice ihiikkzz.. padahal top banget dah.. cinta akuuhhh :( d sini ga ada yang juaaallll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emang top markotop banget ini lip balm cyynn.. Eike kasih deh Maybelline Baby Lips nya... Barter sama Doritos yee.. hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aq punya Nivea, bagus mana sih ya ama Maybelline?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jujur aku belum pernah coba yang nivea.
    Tapi yang jelas, aku satisfied banget sama Maybelline..:)

    ReplyDelete