Simple and Easy Recipe: Oatmeal and Raisins Cookies

21:11 Handini Audita 2 Comments


Gosh... It takes forever for me to upload this post. My internet is being super lame of continuously going on and off (the "off" time is more than the "on" time). How I miss the internet connection in the UK..*cry* 

Anyway, my craving for baking is just blasting high lately. Perhaps because I have lots of spare time these days. The fact that I miss Glasgow so much is also a factor. The oven in my flat in Glasgow is super great. So I bake very frequently back in those time.



Today, I bake Oatmeal and Raisins cookies. I miss this kind of cookies so much because it's kind of hard to find in Indonesia (well at least in the city I lived in at the moment). Oatmeal is not a common food for most Indonesians. So this perhaps the reason of their scarcity in Indonesia...LOL

The recipe I have today is a modified recipe of Laura Vitalle Oatmeal and Raisins recipe. I modify it according to what I have in my kitchen and also according to the texture I desire. I like my cookies to be crunchy in the outside and gooey in the inside. The recipe I’m doing is able to give a quite good tasting cookies. My sister who is very picky in food actually like my cookies. So it’s not too bad (even though it cannot beat the Sainsburry cookies..LOL). So here are the recipe..

*This recipe makes about 27 piece of cookies*

Ingredients A:
100gr Butter
85gr Brown Sugar
85gr Regular white sugar

Ingredients B:
1 Egg
I tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder

Ingredients C:
140gr All purpose flour

Ingredients D:
350gr Oats Mix or Mix Muesly (Alternatively: 250gr Regular Oats + 100gr Raisins)

How To Make:
  1. Put all the “Ingredients A” in the mixing bowl. Mix with a mixer in a medium speed until it is fluffy and soft (about 7 to 10 minutes)
  2. Add all the “Ingredients B”. Whisk well just until it’s well combined. No need to over mix (just need about 1 minute whisking).
  3. Turn off the mixer. Add “Ingredients C”. Mix well with a spatula until it’s just well combined. Do not over mix.
  4. Add “Ingredients D”. Mix well with a spatula until it’s just well combined. Again, do not over mix.
  5. Prepare a non-stick baking tray (or line the baking tray with parchment/baking paper).
  6. With a spoon, put a fair amount of dough in the tray according to the size as desired. Make sure you give enough space between each dough since it will tend to melt during the baking process.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven of 190 Celsius for 10 to 15 minutes until it is golden brown. (The baking time depends on the oven you use, and the thickness of the dough batter you decide to put)
  8. Once it bake, put it in a wire rack (or a plate) for it to cool down.
  9. Enjoy your freshly baked Oatmeal and Raisins Cookies...^^




Bon Apettit...

2 comments:

  1. Salah banget puasa gini buka blogmu, bikin ngiler... -___-"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ambar: Jangan cuma dibuka yaa.. Dicoba juga... hihihihi

    ReplyDelete