When did you start using makeup?

00:26 Handini Audita 0 Comments

Yesterday I was walking to a health and beauty store (Boots) in the city center to buy some medicine since I feel that I will catch a very bad flu soon. It was just after I finished my class. The sun still shines really brightly.

For those who are not living in the UK, you might not know a store called "Boots". The store got a very big network chain in the UK. They sell various kinds of health and beauty products. Medicines, vitamins, beauty electrical appliances, makeup, skin care, firs aid kit, you name it, they have it all.

Short story short, when I was going around in the store doing some "sight seeing" in the makeup stalls, I saw a bunch of teenager. I think they were about 9 or 10 years old. I can see very obviously from their body posture and their voice that they are still below 10. What makes them different with a 10 years old kids that I would imagine is the way they act, dress, and most of all, their makeup!

Their make up for me is just TOO MUCH for their age. They wear very thick glittery eye shadows, thick foundations, mascara, and a dark coral red/orange lipstick. They even wear fake lashes. I was shocked looking at the way they look.

Gosh.. I'm sorry to say, but even at my age, I don't have the guts to wear that kind of make up in the day time for shopping purpose. Kids these days grow up so fast...:(



I understand fully their desire to touch makeup. I remember the time when I was about 10 years old. Back in that time, my friend and I in Australia like to play with nail polish and lipstick. We also like to play dress up with our mothers makeup and clothing. Yes it was a lot of fun... I think it was a very common things for girls at that age to dream themselves as being a very beautiful model or super star...:D

Our mothers were very generous also. She will let us play dress up and make up. But, we have to obey one rule. We have to take it off after... *sweet memories*

We are not allowed to use those thick makeup every day and during school. These restrictions are something that I don't regret. I understand fully today as a grown up that those rules are to put us in the right proportion in the right age. Our mother wants us to look fitted in accordance to our age. I love you mom...:*

I do have to say that since I was a child I love make up. I see it as a type of art that we can enjoy. My mother does not use make up very often. But I love to see women wearing make up. And yes, I am wearing make up now...:D

I remember my first make up that my mother bought me. It was a lip gloss. I remember that it was when I was around 12 years old. It was a drugstore not that expensive lip gloss designed for teenagers. It looks very natural. My mother allowed me to wear that lip gloss. Only that lip gloss. I remember how happy I was when I receive my first lip gloss. It was my first very own lip gloss>

Then at the age of 15, I started to save up my allowance to buy compact powder. I generally will use that compact powder and a lip gloss for school. When I was in high school, I was a total geek.. But deep inside my heart, my passion and love for make up just does not fade away.

I enter university at the age of 17. I start to have the guts to wear more "complete makeup" at the age of 18. I started to use foundation powder, soft lipstick, eyeliners and mascara. I "self learned" using these make up. I sometimes ask friends who are more advance in doing make up to teach me how to use them. I also receive many learning from magazines, youtube, and many other resources.

I do HEART make up very much..

But I would use the make up in accordance to my age.

I would prefer to enjoy every step of my life in proportion to my age.

I start using my first make up at the age of 12. And it was only a Lip Gloss.

So when did you first start using make up? And what was it?

0 comments: