Review: Viva Eye Shadow Cream

13:22 Handini Audita 0 Comments

What I love so much about Indonesian cosmetic brands is their very highly affordable price along with their fairly good quality.

While I was blog walking a couple of days ago, I stumble upon Looxperiments website. She did a review on Viva Eye Shadow cream. It was very tempting to try it out.




I bought some colors of Viva Eye Shadow cream in Toko Mutiara. I believe all the make up addict living in Jogja must know Toko Mutiara. Unfortunately, the color range available in the shop is very limited. So I'm only able to buy colors that I felt to be wearable.


Packaging:

The product is sold in a single color package. The packaging is made from plastic packaging. The plastic quality felt so cheap. It cracks easily. For the color detail is also just written in a clear stickers. For the packaging itself is not mobile friendly. The lid is not attached strong enough. So if it is located in our make up pouch and we take it out for travelling, sometimes the lid might be separated from the product and it may make quite a mess.


Colors:

The colors that I got is Ungu Dark (LOL.. I laugh my ass off reading the name. But it's the actual name made by the producers), Peach, Gold, and Silver. It is more of a very shimmer color rather than a matte color. I personally think some of the colors are very wearable and doesn't look like those cheap colors. However, since I found it hard to blend one on to each other, I perceive the product is designed for single color use. I think it's quite a great go to color shadow when you're too lazy to blend up colors for your eyes. Just choose the colors that matches your outfit, spread it out all over your lids, touch it off with eye liner and mascara, and the you're done..! So here are the colors I bought.



PEACH

PEACH is one of my favorite color. The color is not too popping. So it does not make your look too exaggerated or over done. I felt that even though it is a shimmer color, it is not glittery at all. The color is great for a daily fresh look when you are using a fresh citrus color outfit.


GOLD

GOLD is a very beautiful color. I think it's a great color for night make up. It is great for party looks. The gold is very smooth and elegant. It is a great color for finishing. After you are finish with a soft smoky eye look, it is a great idea to dab a little bit of the gold in the middle of the eye lid just to give it a great slight pop to the eyes.


SILVER
SILVER is a great bright color that can perfectly be used for base color. It is also great for highlight color that can pop up the eye look. The silver is very sultry which I like so much. The only thing about this silver is that it is not good for highlighting the cheek bones after contouring because the color is so bright. If this is used for highlighting the cheek bones area, it makes your skin looks shiny. I believe all the ladies out there wants to look glowing but not shiny like Edward Cullen right? So highlighting for the eye crease, yes! For highlighting cheek bones, big no no!

UNGU DARK (DARK PURPLE)

UNGU DARK makes me laugh my ass off. If you are an Indonesian, you might also laugh just like me. Well, don't blame me.. The color name uses Indo English which *in my point of view* does not sounds good at all (LOL). This color basically is a dark sultry purple color. The swatches of this color reminds me of grapes *face palm*. I think this color is great for a glamour elegant look. If you are looking for a single color eye shadow that matches your little black dress, this color might suits you.


Texture and Pigmentation:

To be honest I quite like the texture. When I first know it is a cream eye shadow, in my perception the texture will be creamy and sticky. But then when I try it out, the texture was not like what I imagine it to be. The texture is actually very smooth but not chalky of powdery. It glides on very easily also. Since it is a shimmer color, I felt that it stands out more when in the shades. So I might consider this better used for night time make up.

SWATCH in bright lighting

SWATCH in shadow lighting

The color is well pigmented. I try experimenting using eye shadow primer in the swatches. However, I don't see much differences in the color after using the eye shadow primer. Plus because it is a cream shadow, using a primer in my experience just makes it harder for the product to spread well. Using the primer makes the product too creamy and sometimes it's just makes the product crumbles together. I conclude it's better on without a primer.


Price:

Highly affordable! More of a very cheap actually to me. The price is different according to the colors. I don't know what the criteria for the differences of price. But they all range in a very affordable price.

Silver: IDR.5.200
Gold: IDR.8.500
Tembaga: IDR.8.500
Ungu Dark: IDR.8.500



     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-8327610146198421"
     data-ad-slot="3158387219"
     data-ad-format="auto">



Conclusion:

This product is highly affordable yet great in quality. The pigmentation is great and the colors are mostly wearable. It is more recommended for night make up use rather than day make up use. The texture is very smooth and easy to glide on. The only negative thing about this product is it's very cheap packaging. But seeing the price, I don't see any reason of minding it too much *I mean what can you expect from that very cheap price?*. Consider of repurchasing? Definitely yes!!! Especially if more wearable sultry color is available. I will love to purchase colors like light pink, fresh grass green, or neon blue.


Love,

0 comments: